Certified Nurses Day is March 19 and honors the important achievements of certified nurses. It’s also the birthday of Margreta ‘Gretta’ Madden Styles, the renowned expert of nurse credentialing. Styles designed the first comprehensive study of nurse credentialing and was an accomplished advocate for nursing standards and certification. She spent more than two decades advancing nursing practice and regulation.
What makes a certified nurse different?
- Choose to seek out certification to demonstrate expertise, knowledge and commitment.
- Go beyond licensure to validate their specialty knowledge through a rigorous national examination.
- Are clinical experts dedicated to providing quality, evidence-based clinical care.
- Are committed to life-long learning, patient advocacy and professional practice.
- Reassess their specialty knowledge throughout their career as part of their commitment to continuing competency.
- Maintain their specialty knowledge through specialized continuing education.
- Meet and exceed nationally recognized standards of proficiency and professionalism.
Find a certified nurse on March 19 and thank them for his or her dedication to our hospital!