February is American Heart Month
We celebrate American Heart Month because we celebrate our patients. They are as diverse in backgrounds and stories as they are in heart health needs. From patients in their early years to those who are firmly rooted and full of life, Spectrum Health provides heart and vascular services beginning with prevention through heart transplants. More than 100 heart and vascular specialists are available day and night, moment to moment, contributing to infinite stories of healthy living. Stay connected throughout February to improve your heart health.
- February 2 Wood TV8’s eightWest with Diana Bitner, MD on women’s heart health during mid-life. Tune in at 11 a.m.
- February 3 Wood TV8's eightwest with Mehul Patel, MD, CDDS talks about the adult Congenital Heart Program. Tune in at 11 a.m.
- February 5 The Helen DeVos Children's Hospital Congenital Heart Team takes to Facebook to answer your questions from diagnosis and treatment, to lifestyle questions for patients of any age. Your questions will be answered by our experts including Marcus Haw, MBBS, Mehul Patel, MD, CDDS, and Joseph Vettukattil, MD, MBBS.
- February 6 National Wear Red Day®. Join us and wear red to support awareness for women’s heart health.
- February 7-14 National Congenital Heart Defect Awareness Week.
- February 9 Marcus Haw, MBBS and Joseph Vettukattil, MD, MBBS speak with Fox's Morning Mix about Congenital Heart Defect Awareness Week.
- February 10 Spectrum Health hosts their annual Heart Doctor Dialogue. This year we’re Throwing the Book at Heart Disease with noted authors Diana Bitner, MD and John Otterbacher, PhD as they discuss the power of health and overcoming heart disease. This event is free and open to the public and includes dinner and a post-event book signing. Sorry, this event has reached full capacity.
- February 12 Patient Network for Adult Congenital Heart Disease event led by Marcus Haw, MBBS and Mehul Patel, MD, CDDS. Event will take place at the Fred and Lena Meijer Heart Center from 6 p.m. to 8 p.m. Learn more and register for this free event.
- February 18 Congenital Heart Center patient Anthony Vitale honored as Griffins Hockey Captain's Kid.
- February 25 American Heart Association's annual Go Red for Women Annual Luncheon at the JW Marriott in Grand Rapids. Contact the AHA's Cindy Mackey for more information or visit the website.
- February 28 Spectrum Health Gerber Memorial hosts its 11th Annual Day of Dance for heart health. Free event features dance lessons, music, vendors, lunch and health screenings. Will be held at Newaygo Middle School, Newaygo from 10 a.m. to 2 p.m. Learn more and register for this free event.