Community

Navigating the health care landscape can be daunting. Our experts share their insights—and their views—on today’s most pressing health care topics, from advanced-care planning to the cost of health care—and what you need to know about those hospital quality rankings.

Patient Story

‘She made it a lot of fun’

Big Rapids nurse entertains people after they get their COVID-19 vaccines.

‘Love thy neighbor’

Religious leaders join forces to encourage COVID-19 vaccinations within their communities.

Patient Story

‘Happy to see the sun’

A 104-year-old woman and a 75-year-old former hospice patient share their delight at receiving COVID-19 vaccines at home.

Patient Story

‘Doggy, doggy, doggy! Here, doggy!’

K-9 officers brighten the day of a girl as she received treatment for cancer at the children's hospital.

‘No quiero contraer el virus’

250 personas de la tercera edad reciben la vacuna contra el COVID-19 en una clínica comunitaria instalada en Wyoming Senior Center.

Patient Story

‘I look at life with new perspective’

When a high school basketball player collapsed during practice, a coach's quick action saved his life.

Patient Story

‘I was delighted’

Residents of independent living facilities in Ottawa County receive COVID-19 vaccines at on-site clinics.

Patient Story

A shot and a song

Singing playful versions of childhood classics, a respiratory therapist entertains and educates vaccine recipients.

Patient Story

‘Much more optimistic’

Luke Thomas battled weight all his life. With help from a lifestyle medicine program, he shed pounds, beat back diabetes and gained health.

At-home office? Straighten up

A few simple tweaks to your work station can improve posture and keep those aches and pains at bay.

Patient Story

‘I made it through this far’

Medical clinic expands care for Dan O’Connell and others experiencing homelessness.

Patient Story

‘We can make it through this’

Two sisters, 100 and 85, recall past health crises and celebrate their second COVID-19 vaccinations.